Thursday, July 3, 2008

Booted the Kernel built by Angstrom on LEON3

... but not the ramdisk. I seem to be having trouble with it at the moment. I shall investigate it properly tomorrow. Perhaps I haven't got enough RAM enabled, which can be a real problem apparently. Kernel hangs if you run out without error messages.

Just to be clear: I took the kernel from snapgear linux. I just created a single large patch against vanilla 2.6.21.1. The patch is quite large and I didn't want to care about such things.

However the version of glibc and the compiler are completely different. I don't yet know if this is going to cause stability problems, but I can just constrain Angstrom to use the right versions from the snapgear toolchain. Such is the power of OpenEmbedded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Laird Tpcm 7250 is as good as Honeywell PTM7950 as thermal paste / interface for PC

[This is not very scientific, however it is notable. At 7.5W/m-K vs the installed SYY-157 at 15.7 W/m-K it performed better in real world lo...